Thank a Volunteer Day
If you’ve ever hidden a geocache (or found one!), a geocaching community volunteer helped make it happen. These expert geocachers review each geocache placed to ensure it meets the geocaching guidelines and regional policies.
Geocaching community volunteers keep this game in motion: forums are moderated, blogs are translated, geocachers are mentored, and new geocaches are published far and wide. In the past year, the pandemic has added a new layer of challenges onto the normal tasks for the community volunteers, and they have weathered the storm admirably.
With nearly 400 worldwide geocaching community volunteers, our thank-you list is long! Interested in helping us thank your local volunteers? Here are a few ideas:
- Send a note to your local reviewers to show your appreciation.
- Contact your regional geocaching organization to thank them for their work.
- Post a thank you note on your local geocaching Facebook page.
- Create a video sharing your gratitude and post it on social media (make sure to tag us—we’d love to see it!).
- Visit the Geocaching Forums and give a shout out to the forum moderators.
Curious about what it’s like to be a community reviewer? Check out HQ’s reviewer podcast series to hear their experiences in their own words.
Anyone who has hidden a geocache or hosted an Event has also volunteered to make this game great. Next time you find a geocache that makes you smile, mention it in your online log, or leave a Favorite point to show your appreciation.
The impact of the community volunteers reaches every corner of the game, and we are proud to support them. Go to the official Geocaching Facebook page on Saturday, May 22 to join us in saying a big ‘Thank You’ to the community’s volunteers.